Who says being a mom means giving up on personal dreams or financial independence? For the modern mom, juggling family responsibilities doesn’t have to mean sacrificing earning opportunities. From selling crafts to pet sitting, from watching videos to scanning shopping receipts, there’s a world of lazy yet legitimate ways to make money.
Whether you’re a stay-at-home mom looking to contribute to the family budget, or a single mom seeking profitable side hustles, these creative avenues are not just about the money; they’re about reclaiming your time, creativity, and autonomy.
Dive in, and discover how you can turn everyday activities into rewarding income streams, all from the comfort of your home.
12 Lazy Ways Moms Can Make Money
There are a number of easy and lazy ways for moms to make money, including:
1. Sell Your Creativity
Moms with a creative flair can turn their hobbies into a source of income. Here’s how:
- Handmade Crafts: Websites like Etsy allow you to sell handmade items like jewelry, candles, or knitwear.
- Digital Art: Platforms like Redbubble enable you to sell your digital designs on various products.
- Photography: Sites like Shutterstock offer a marketplace for your photographs.
Tip: Start with something you love and explore different platforms to find the best fit for your creativity.
2. Pet Sitting Paradise
For animal-loving moms, pet sitting can be a relaxing and enjoyable way to earn money. You can do the following:
- Pet Sitting: Websites like Rover connect pet sitters with pet owners.
- Dog Walking: Platforms like Wag! offer opportunities for dog walking.
- Pet Grooming: You can offer grooming services and advertise on local community boards or social media.
Note: Make sure to gather some basic knowledge about the pets you’ll be handling. It adds to your expertise and ensures a safe environment.
3. Watch Videos for Cash
Yes, you read that right! Moms can actually earn money by watching videos and ads. Here’s how:
- Swagbucks: Swagbucks pays you in gift cards for watching videos and completing surveys.
- InboxDollars: InboxDollars offers cash for watching videos, playing games, and more.
- Vindale Research: Vindale Research pays you to review and watch videos.
Tip: Always read the terms and conditions of these platforms to understand how you can maximize your earnings.
4. Scan Shopping Receipts
Moms can effortlessly earn rewards or cashback by scanning shopping receipts. It’s as simple as this:
- Ibotta: Ibotta gives you cashback on everyday purchases by scanning your receipts.
- Fetch Rewards: Fetch Rewards provides points for scanning grocery receipts, redeemable for gift cards.
- Receipt Hog: Receipt Hog lets you earn coins by scanning receipts, which can be converted into cash or gift cards.
Tip: Keep all your shopping receipts handy and scan them regularly to maximize your earnings.
Note: Always check the eligibility of the stores and products to ensure you get the rewards.
5. Take Surveys from Your Sofa
Taking online surveys is a comfortable way for moms to make money right from the sofa. To get started, follow these steps:
- Survey Junkie: Survey Junkie pays you for sharing your opinions on various products and services.
- Swagbucks: Swagbucks not only pays for watching videos but also for taking surveys.
- Vindale Research: Vindale Research offers cash for completing surveys on different topics.
Tip: Sign up for multiple platforms to have a steady flow of surveys and increase your earning potential.
6. Typing Tasks
For moms with good typing skills, various typing tasks can be a lazy way to make money. Here’s how:
- Transcription Services: Websites such as Rev offer transcription jobs where you can convert audio files into text.
- Data Entry: Platforms like Clickworker provide data entry tasks that you can complete from home.
Tip: Practice your typing skills to increase speed and accuracy, which can lead to more opportunities and higher pay.
Note: Make sure you read every task’s requirements and guidelines before beginning.
7. Sell Unused Items
Moms can declutter their homes and make money by selling items they no longer need. You can do it this way:
- eBay: eBay is a popular platform for selling everything from clothing to electronics.
- Facebook Marketplace: Facebook Marketplace permits you to sell items locally.
- Poshmark: For fashion enthusiasts, Poshmark is a great place to sell clothing and accessories.
Tip: Take clear photos and write honest descriptions to attract buyers.
8. Become a Virtual Assistant
Becoming a virtual assistant (VA) is a flexible way for mothers to offer administrative services from home. The following steps will help you:
- Belay: Belay connects VAs with businesses needing support.
- Time Etc: Time Etc specializes in part-time VA jobs tailored to your skills and availability.
- Upwork: Upwork permits you to create a profile and bid on VA jobs that suit your expertise.
Tip: Highlight your organizational and communication skills to stand out.
Note: Building a portfolio can help you gain trust and attract more clients.
9. Rent Baby Equipment
For moms with extra baby equipment, renting it out can be a smart way to make money. It’s as simple as this:
- BabyQuip: BabyQuip allows you to rent out baby gear to traveling families.
- GoBaby: GoBaby is another platform where you can list baby equipment for rent.
- Local Community Boards: Advertise on local community boards or social media groups to reach nearby families.
Tip: Ensure that the equipment is clean and meets safety standards.
Relevant Stat: According to a survey, some providers earn over $600 a month by renting baby equipment.
10. Create Online Courses
Moms with expertise in a particular field can create and sell online courses. The steps are as follows:
Udemy: Udemy enables you to create and sell courses on everything from cooking to coding.
Teachable: Teachable offers a platform to create and market your courses.
Skillshare: Share your skills on Skillshare and earn money as students enroll.
Tip: Focus on a niche topic where you have expertise, and include engaging videos and quizzes.
Note: Offering a free mini-course can attract students to your paid courses.
11. Invest with Ease
Investing doesn’t have to be complicated. Moms can invest with ease using various platforms. Here’s how:
- Robinhood: Robinhood features commission-free trading and is user-friendly for beginners.
- Acorns: Acorns invests your spare change, making investing effortless.
- Betterment: For those looking for automated investing, Betterment offers robo-advisors.
Tip: Start with a small amount and choose platforms that align with your investment goals.
Relevant Stat: According to Statista, 58% of U.S. adults have some form of investment in the stock market as of 2022.
12. Cook and Sell Homemade Meals
For moms who love cooking, selling homemade meals can be a delicious way to make money. You can do it this way:
- Meal Sharing: Platforms such as Meal Sharing connect you with people looking for homemade meals.
- EatWith: EatWith enables you to host and sell dinner parties.
- Local Farmers Markets: Selling at local farmers markets or community events can reach customers in your area.
Tip: Focus on unique or ethnic dishes that stand out, and ensure you comply with local food regulations.
The unique aspect of “Lazy Ways Moms Can Make Money” lies in the empowerment and flexibility these methods offer. From selling creativity to cooking meals, investing, or even renting baby equipment, these avenues provide moms with opportunities to earn without compromising family time. They tap into existing skills, interests, and resources, making them not just lazy but smart ways to generate income.
I’m Grayson Watson, your frugal companion and the brain behind this money-saving extravaganza. Strap yourself in, because we’re about to embark on a wallet-friendly adventure like no other. Learn More!